Sisters in Cinema Production & Office Intern
About Sisters in Cinema
Sisters in Cinema was founded in 1997 as an online resource for and about African American women media makers. Today we are a Chicago based 501(c)3 non-profit with an inclusive mission to center and celebrate Black girls, women, and gender nonconforming media makers, providing programs designed to educate, raise visibility, and support and serve our communities. We envision a world where all Black girls, women and gender nonconforming media makers and storytellers have equal opportunities to create and thrive. To learn more visit: www.sistersincinema.com.
About the Position
Sisters in Cinema is seeking a Production and Office Intern to assist with day to day tasks and responsibilities. The Intern will work under the direct supervision of our Founder & CEO and our Program Assistant to support the overall success of our organization.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and writing about Black women and gender nonconforming media makers.
- Updating donor database.
- Logging footage and other materials.
- Shoot footage documenting the rehab and buildout of the Media Arts Center — securing photos, audio and video.
- Shooting and editing other footage and content for social media.
- Producing short mini-docs on Sisters in Cinema — using our archive and newly captured footage.
- Assisting on productions currently in development.
- Assisting with Sisters in Cinema events.
- Other administrative duties, as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal intern is thorough, a self-starter, organized, and eager to support the success of programs that educate, raise visibility, and support and serve Sisters in Cinema’s communities. A strong desire to contribute to creating a world where all Black girls, women and gender non-conforming media makers and storytellers have equal opportunities to create and thrive is a must.
The ideal candidate:
- Is eager to learn.
- Takes direction well.
- Has strong writing, spelling and grammar skills.
- Is comfortable completing administrative tasks.
- Is resourceful and demonstrates the ability to find and create solutions.
- Is self motivated and can complete tasks independently.
- Is organized and can work in a timely manner.
- Is able to seamlessly navigate between planning and execution.
- Ideally, has some experience with Canva, Mailchimp, InDesign, Adobe Suite, After Effects, Google Suite, Microsoft Word & Excel, and CMS software.
- $15/per hour
- The internship may be used for school credit
- Hours are flexible but will range around 8-10 hours per week
- Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references (name, organization, title, email, phone and relationship to the referee) to email@example.com
- In your cover letter please include why working for Sisters in Cinema is of interest for you and why you are a good fit for this job.
- Include your Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn information.
- Include a link to your portfolio.
- Use this subject heading for your email: Production Intern – Your Last Name.
- Applications without a cover letter, resume and three references will not be considered.
- Application Deadline: October 10, 2022
Thank you for your interest in working with Sisters in Cinema!