Remembering Wei Yi-fang, Remembering Myself...
Purchase the Film
"Remembering Wei Yi-fang"
$150 Institutional rate includes all public performance rights.
by Yvonne Welbon
(30 min., 1995)
A witty and original autobiographical documentary about coming-to-terms with race, culture and self. My six-year stay in Taiwan transforms my understanding of what it means to be an African American and illuminates my connection with my Honduran-born grandmother.
- Pan African Film Festival, Los Angeles, California
- XIth Black International Cinema, Berlin
Winner: Best Film/Video on Matters Relating to the "Black Experience"
- San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival
- Black Filmworks, Black Filmmakers Hall of Fame, Inc., Oakland, California
Winner: Honorable Mention - Documentary Category
Winner: 2nd Place Cross Cultural Category
- Monstra Internazionale Del Nuovo Cinema, Pesaro Film Festival, Pesaro, Italy
- Black Harvest Film Festival, The Film Center at the Art Institute of Chicago
- Los Angeles Asian American Film & Video Festival
- New York Gay and Lesbian Film & Video Festival
- Charlotte Film and Video Festival, Charlotte, N.C.
- Women of Color Film & Video Festival (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Rivertown Film Festival, Minnesota
- Inside Out Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival, Toronto
- San Francisco Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival
- Philadelphia Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival
- Out on Screen: The Los Angeles Lesbian and Gay Film and Video Festival
- L.A. Freewaves
- Atlanta African Film Society at the Black Arts Festival in Atlanta
- USA Film Festival 18th Annual Short Film and Video Competition
- Nordic Glory: Scandinavian Women's Film Festival, Finland
- Boston Women's Film Festival
- Neighborhood Film/Video Project, Philadelphia, Pa
- FESPACO 97: Pan African Film and Video Festival
- Ougadougou, Burkina Faso, West Africa
- Chicago International Film Festival: Intercom
Winner: Silver Hugo
- Women Make Waves, Taiwan (Toured the island)
- International Documentary Association,Amsterdam
- POV, PBS National Broadcast
- The Substation: 2nd Annual Documentary Film Festival, Singapore
- Through My Sister's Eyes International Women's Film Festival, Denver
- Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego